ICAC’s coronavirus-related information
Given the situation caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Catalan Institute of Classical Archeology (ICAC) publishes the following information:
- The measures ICAC takes to contribute to the reduction of COVID-19 infections include the closure of facilities and the adoption of mechanisms to ensure the continuity of work tasks from home.
- The teaching activity is suspended until further notice and distance teaching will be done when possible. If you are an ICAC student, contact your contact person at your studies.
- Regarding travel and mobility, ICAC closure does not allow visits or accommodations of any student, staff or researcher from other countries. In addition, it is recommended to postpone or cancel research or staff mobilities to countries and regions at risk. The European Commission has described the current situation as “force majeure”.
- The institution reminds everybody must follow the competent authorities’ instructions and recommendations.
- ICAC will report any news that may affect its community as well as any recommendations or measures that may be taken in this regard.
These recommendations come from the Department of Health of the Catalan Government which is in permanent revision. You can visit directly the service through the following link:
To prevent the virus, generic protection measures against any respiratory disease should be applied:
- Wash your hands frequently (with water and soap or 70% alcoholic solutions), especially after direct contact with sick people or their environment.
- Cover your mouth and nose with single-use tissues or the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze, and wash your hands right away (with 70% alcoholic solutions or soap and water).
- Avoid close contact (at least a distance of two meters) with people who suffer from acute respiratory infections and have cough, sneezes or expectorations, and do not share personal belongings.
- Avoid sharing food and tools (cutlery, glasses, napkins, handkerchiefs, etc.) and other objects without cleaning them properly.
- Those people who consider that they may be affected by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus (COVID-19) should call the emergency call number of their residence area (061 for calls from Catalonia).
- Department of Health, Spanish Government: updated information on coronavirus
- Health Department information on coronavirus (Catalan Government)
- University Rovira i Virgili: information on coronavirus