The ICAC’s Documentation Centre and Library has a collection of more than 100,000 items. They are divided into three large areas: bibliographic (22%), archival (29%) and audiovisual (49%). They include two unique legacies: the Dr Pere de Palol bequest and the Dr Gustav A. Gamer library and photographic bequest.
- To provide bibliographic support for the different lines of research and to act as a reference point for researchers.
- To manage and maintain the Institute’s internal documental archive.
- To hold the scientific information generated by the researchers.
- To safeguard the bibliographic legacies.
- To cooperate with the libraries of other institutions specialising in archaeology and to establish bibliographic exchange systems.
- To disseminate its publications among the main national and international distributors.